eWeek.com recently published an article on how many data centers [are] unprepared for disasters that’s downright frightening. According to the recent AFCOM “State of the Data Center” survey that polled 358 data center managers from around the world,
- more than 15% of respondents said their data center had no plan for backup and recovery,
- 50% of respondents have no plan to replace damaged equipment after a disaster,
- 65% have no plan to deal with cyber criminals!
Well sufferin’ cats!
This says that if you outsource your data center management, you have a:
- 15% (1 in 7) chance of losing your data
- 50% (1 in 2) chance of being down for an extended amount of time after a natural disaster
- 65% (13 in 20) chance of getting screwed if you’re targetted for cyber crime.
Do you really like those odds?