I’ve been following the rather hostile takeover of Cadbury by Kraft for months now, just waiting for the hammer to fall. And this week it did.
I guess that says it all. For a history of the takeover (bid), here are direct links to some of the more relevant articles over the past few months:
- Nov 19, 2009: Hershey in joint talks for Cadbury bid
- Nov 19, 2009: Kraft, Cadbury, and Hershey: A Not-So-Sweet Deal?
- Dec 18, 2009: Cadbury to slash procurement spending
- Jan 05, 2010: Buffett votes against Kraft bid for Cadbury
- Jan 19, 2010: Kraft reaches $19 billion deal for Cadbury
- Jan 19, 2010: Will Kraft Takeover Mean Job Losses in Cadbury Supply Chain?
- Jan 21, 2010: Loss of Cadbury’s independence ‘very sad’
- Jan 25, 2010: Procurement cuts to save Cadbury jobs
- Jan 25, 2010: Kraft’s Cadbury purchase highlights new logistics market