the doctor still believes that it wouldn’t be so bad if we could all be honest, smart, logical adults but when you have players like China and the USA in the mix (especially when [a] certain Republican[s] is/are in charge), and seniors who are more stubborn than millennials, that’s just not a reality. (In the doctor‘s view, only Sweden has it right. Put some strong measures in place, make sure people understand it’s bad and could be extremely bad if they don’t do as much as possible to prevent that, but don’t ignore it until it’s too late and then shut everything down when it is too late. But that’s a discussion for another article.)
So, we’re in a global mess, and the only way we’re going to get out of it individually is if we’re creative, and collectively is if Procurement takes the lead.
To that end, the doctor has been collaborating heavily with the globally distributed Spend Matters analyst team (because no one person can get us out of this) to bring a unified, technologically focussed, COVID-19 response to help you.
Since the beginning, the global analyst team has been working together to identify the issues that you will be facing and the technologies that will help you get through this, and making a significant amount of this information (which would normally reside behind the PRO paywall given its depth and the amount of analyst time that went into it) FREE for all. (Only the vendor coverage, based on our extremely deep vendor dives, is behind the paywall, but the names of the vendors we are covering are not.* And while the doctor‘s name won’t be attached to much as a lead analyst, you’ll certainly find his digital fingerprints all over it.)
So far, we have given you the first, or second, iterations of:
Note: Some pieces posting today and tomorrow!
0. CoronaVirus Coverage Introduction
4. Procure to Pay(P2P)
6. Deep Contract Analytics (Coming Soon!)
And we will be updating these with additional issues and vendor coverage as time goes on. (For example, by the end of the week, an extended version of Advanced Procurement Analytics should be up with more issues and more vendor coverage.)
And SpendMatters has even prioritized Brand Studio, Sponsored, and Main Site content that could be helpful to you, including:
- Corcentric advises to focus on tech solutions that help people
- Scanmarket CEO: Coronavirus crisis is forcing companies to identify an array of business risks
- Simfoni offers free mapping of your COVID-19 supply risks
- For coronavirus crisis, SourceDay customers share a consistent lesson: Prioritize supplier collaboration today
- Coupa CEO implores procurement pros to lead businesses through the coronavirus crisis
- Coronavirus-era advice: Tips on asking suppliers for payment-term extensions and other concessions
- Coronavirus has global logistics sector reeling
- As coronavirus idles service economy, ‘merchant cash advances’ can help e-commerce vendors
- IT Supply – effect of coronavirus: notebook sector suffers, global chip supply outlook worrying
- Coronavirus and Supply Risk Management: Tips for being prepared
- As coronavirus outbreak forces firms to cancel events, these tips can help you negotiate with the venues
- As coronavirus spreads, vendors of supply risk management share their insights
- Go To sources for coronavirus updates, status reports and advice for procurement and supply chain professionals
- China’s coronavirus outbreak puts global supply chains at risk
And even main site posts on how we can help individually:
And starting this week, the doctor will be leading a main-site series on Dear Procurement, No Excuses (Part I: Carpe Diem per Scientia et Lectum Diurnum) on how you can not only do everything you used to do in person and/or at the office virtually and distributed, and do it better (by embracing the full capabilities of modern technology to knock capability, and productivity, up a notch (no spice weasel needed).
Keep an eye out for it. (the doctor will let you know here when they go live. Don’t worry!)
* As you know, even though he writes a considerable chunk of it, the doctor usually doesn’t push Spend Matters Pro on this site as the smart will seek out the best information they can get (and other analysts can’t hold a candle to the technology coverage the doctor can do), but he wants you to know that if you are considering Pro#, there has never been a better time!
Through the end of April 2020, a Spend Matters’ special PRO Expert Survival Pack is available to procurement practitioners at up to 50% off! See the COVID-19 PRO Expert Survival Pack!
# PRO has published well over 100 vendor deep dives, including dozens and dozens by the doctor himself, in the past three years that go far beyond anything you’ll find anywhere else, as well as thought leadership series on UX, AI, and various S2P areas that are more insightful than most books …
(and while the doctor would like to offer this deep coverage on SI, the reality is the number of vendors who will support educational content vs. thinly disguised marketing content are few and far between and the model SI would like to follow is just not sustainable … the doctor will continue to bring you best practice advice when he can, and will be cross posting some of the public content on, and related to, COVID-19, but if you want the deepest vendor and thought leadership coverage there is, subscribe to PRO [and keep the doctor writing] which you know is always completely unbiased as its paid for by readers, not vendors!