A recent article in ISM on crashing the legal department had some great advice on what you need to do when helping your General Counsel source legal services.
- You must take the lead in proposing alternate fee arrangements.
- You must take the lead in finding out what “XYZ” task really costs.
- You must figure out how waste can be driven out of the system.
- You must insure that the firms you select can get your rates with the product and service providers they could also make use of.
- You must help to quicken the death of the billable hour.
For more advice on how you can help decrease legal costs, see:
- Legal Cooperation
- A Supply Manager’s Introduction to e-Discovery
- Is Your Legal Team Ready?
- Can Good e-Discovery Tools Really Reduce Your Legal Fees?
- Shared Legal Services: Risk vs. Reward
… here on Sourcing Innovation and
- e-Discovery + e-Sourcing = e-Normous Savings
- e-Discovery Stage 1: Ending the Cold War
- e-Discovery Stage 2: Understand the Risk Profile
- e-Discovery Stage 3: Execute with Efficiency
- Sourcing Legal Services Gaining Momentum
… over on e-Sourcing Forum.