As per this recent article in Industry week that proclaims that the computer-aided-engineering revolution is here, proper utilization of simulation in New Product Development:
- creates products that are more sustainable and energy efficient,
- enhances performance and ergonomics,
- improves value and affordability,
- provides options for differentiation, and
- considerably reduces NPD timelines as simulations can be created and run much faster than prototypes can be built and tested.
It’s a great article, and simulation is a great counterpart to optimization, which will allow you to optimize costs and supply before the product is finalized.