PMAC (Purchasing Management Association of Canada), MeRC (McMaster eBusiness Research Centre), and ORNEC (Ontario Research Network for Electronic Commerce) recently announced the keynote addresses that will be headlining the 5th Annual International Supply Chain Management Symposium that will be taking place from October 15 to 17 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada – and the line-up is looking good. The keynotes will be from:
- David C. Swiggum, VP of Customer Fulfillment (Americas), IBM Canada
on IBM’s Global Supply Chain Transformation
- Jim Mikell, Canadian Country Manager, Everest Group
on The Emergence of Third-Party Procurement Services
- Kevin Costello, Chief Commercial Officer, Ariba
on Spend Management: A Strategic Approach to Procurement
- Robert C. Johnson, President and CEO, Purolater Courier Ltd.
on Integrated Logistics Solutions
The program is also available and the conference will be tackling such topics as supply chain software and technology, manufacturing, green supply chains, order fulfillment, global supply chains, sourcing management, and supply chain optimization.
I attended last year’s event and found it quite good. In fact, all of the following posts stemmed from presentations given at last year’s event:
- New Technology Strategies for Supply Chain Management
- Managing Business Risk
- A Competitive Advantage
- Key Concepts for Major Procurements
- Driving Competitive Advantage thru an Effective Talent Supply Chain
- The Internet & the Purchasing Knowledge Revolution
- What Makes a Procurement Professional?
- The Change Management Myth: Why e-Procurement Initiatives Fail
- There’s Such a Thing as Too Much Flexibility
- A Systemic Blindness
If you’re in Canada, or the Northern U.S., it’s one event that I would definitely encourage you to check out.