This is an advertisement for the doctor‘s services. Regular programming will resume with tomorrow morning’s post.
In this morning’s post, I outlined a sequence of steps that consulting services providers can take to return to business as usual and put this recession behind us. Based upon the conversations I’ve had over the last nine months, I know that many of you could use some help, especially in marketing and thought leadership. In this post I’m going to outline what I can do to help with respect to the points I brought up.
- Focus on a Niche
It is important to focus on your strengths. If you have options, and can’t decide which ones to pick, I can help you with market research, so that you can make a fact-based decision.
- Establish Thought Leadership
The best consultants are, by definition, doers. They’re usually not the best writers, marketers, or self promoters. I can work with you to get the thought leadership out of your head and onto e-paper. Then I can help you put together compelling white papers, talk outlines, webinar outlines, and other thought leadership pieces that will help to establish you as a leader in your (supply management) niche.
- Create Brand Awareness
The best way to to create brand awareness is to be constantly visible. The best way to be constantly visible is to have your logo where your market already goes, which is:
- the site most likely to be found by a supply management professional (your search traffic comes here),
- the only blog in the space ranked on all five external traffic engines (SI is #1),
- the blog that is consistently ranked #1 on Ranking, Quantcast, and Compete, and
- the blog that is”hit” an average of 4,500 to 5,000 times a day from over 1,500 unique IPs.
So put your logo here on Sourcing Innovation.
- Outline an Organizational Path for Long Term Success
In an uncertain economic climate, it is important to create a plan that will allow a client to maximize your services over the long term, and maximize their own success. Because of the large number of entities whom I talk to, I have a unique perspective that cuts across consulting, vendor solutions, and end users. I can help to refine a practice area for maximum impact.